The singles ministry at First Baptist New Orleans is a group of dynamic adults that are involved not only in the church but also in the community. They find fulfillment in participating in ministries, teaching, leadership, and the special events of our church. They are a diverse group of international students, graduate students, and working professionals. Our ultimate goal through this ministry is to teach the Word of God and apply the Word to our daily lives. It is also an opportunity to connect with like-minded adults who can challenge, encourage, and pray for you as you make an impact on our world.
Single Adult Council Elected
The GAP - Jolynne Fross
40+ Laureen Perkins
Members At-Large - Hal Brockman, Venita Yancey, Alisa Lowrey
Single Adult Ministries Philosophy
We believe that single adults are important and valued by our Heavenly Father and are essential in His Kingdom work. We believe that single adults help fulfill God's plan for ministry in the life of His church and all adults who are single are important members of the FBNO family.
Single Adult Ministries Purpose
1. Integrate single adults into the total church program by using their gifts, talents, and abilities;
2. encourage ministry to single adults through involvement in the local congregation, service projects to the community, and mission trips;
3. minister to the unique social needs and through specific ministries such as divorce recovery, grief recovery, and single-parent family ministries;
4. equip single adults with the skills to enhance their spiritual lives, and
5. assist single adults during times of crises.
Single men and women are welcome in any of our Adult Bible Study Groups, but we do have two classes especially for singles:
The Gap ("Graduate and Professionals," 20's-30's) Meets at 11 am in the Choir Room. For Young adults, single or married, currently engaged either in graduate study or the first decade of a career. Please visit the GAP Page on this web site for a full calendar of events, including available Bible studies, ministries, and fellowship activities. To contact the GAP directly, email us at .
Single Adults (40’s – 50’s)
Meets at 11 am in Room 155 behind the sanctuary.
In addition to making a difference, our single adults enjoy having fun. They get together for all different types of activities including: bowling, sand volleyball, sporting events, movies, concerts, coffee, BBQs, etc…
Check out our calendar below for specifics on events.
For more information about the Singles Ministry please contact:
Single Council Chairman